People finding and following Christ together at Hillcrest are introduced to some bad grammar, but great theology. We talk about our THEMs. It may sound strange, but when you understand that “THEM” is the most important word in the “Great Commission,” you won’t mind. Who are THEMs? They are pre-believers you brush shoulders with every day.
This past Sunday, I observed two THEM stories; one visual - one verbal. “I want you to meet my neighbor,” one Hillcrester said. “This is his first time at our church.” It was great to see joy and fulfillment on her face as she introduced her THEM to me. Later I saw her husband and he said, “Did you get to meet my neighbor yet?” He was obviously excited as well. They were working the 2nd “I” of the INVITE strategy, “Introduce your THEMs to your church family.” Another exciting thing about this couple is this isn’t the first THEM they have brought into the church fellowship. It is starting to become a habit!!
The second story is brand new, and I want to get more details before I share it in total with you, but suffice it to say this person was super excited to tell me how God had given a THEM out of something as innocent as test driving a car. Oh how we need to have an on mission mindset no matter what we are doing. You never know when God will present another one of His THEMs He wants you to reach for Him.
Way to go INVITErs – keep up the good work!!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment